Charlotte Behavioral Health Care is offering your next great job opportunity, and a work environment that strives to provide high quality, compassionate, cost effective health care services to the individuals and families we serve. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, (including generous retirement plan), and flexible work schedules.
“Committed to restoring hope & changing lives…”
CBHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace
Apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 941-347-6455
Date Posted: 2/11/14
Medical Billing & Insurance Specialist
• Previous Medical Billing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of insurance carrier payment policies, practices, and amounts.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
• Able to educate and train other departments best billing practices
• Flexible to handle unexpected daily challenges
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills
• Basic to intermediate computer operating skills
• Able to use a 10 key by touch.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Responsible for working correspondence (EOB’s, Denials/Rejections, and Medicaid 2nd’s) on a daily basis – to accurately update accounts with the provided information.
• Responsible for cash receipt entry from Medicaid and Private Insurance Plans.
• Responsible for auditing inpatient billing logs.
• Interact with third parties representative and utilize online sites to review status and update accounts as needed to expedite the claims process.
• Interact with manager and team members regarding A/R research results.
• Responsible for the follow up on A/R research projects; review status of accounts, action taken, and further course of action if warranted.
• Provide updates to manager with findings from A/R research and status of A/R projects.
• Perform other duties as directed by manager.
• Extract, review and interpret billing statements, charge information, private or government insurance benefits, and other related information from multiple health plans.
• Ensure appropriate use of adjustment codes and activity codes to allow for appropriate workflow and trending.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve program results and/or to alert programs of trends, anomalies or health plan rules and decisions that need attention.
• Escalate unresolved issues appropriately and recommend solutions to minimize future problems.
• Working with third party collections agencies.
• Position is expected to rotate responsibilities with lead Billing staff.
Dietary Cook – Part Time PRN on Call
Ability to work flexible shifts days, evenings and weekends.
Work Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Dietary Supervisor, employee accurately and efficiently cooks meats, fish, poultry, vegetables, soups, sauces, stocks, breads, and other hot food products, as well as prepares and portions food products prior to cooking. Employee is responsible for compliance with applicable safety, sanitary, and hygiene regulations. Performs final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items. Provides direction to Dietary Aide in all daily tasks, and takes charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Dietary Supervisor. Embraces teamwork standards and professionalism to perform all duties as assigned. Communicates and interacts effectively with staff, consumers and co-workers.
Minimum Requirements: HS diploma/GED required. Prefer 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking; minimum six months in a similar capacity. Prefer experience in restaurant/institutional setting and knowledge of state foodservice regulations. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time. Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Must have a valid Florida license, safe driving record, and ability to drive agency vehicle. Food Handlers Certification is a plus.
Dietary Aide – Part-Time PRN on Call
Ability to work flexible shifts days, evenings and weekends
Minimum Requirements: Minimum high school education or equivalent; prefer one year dietary experience. Possess valid driver license and must work flexible shifts. Must be able to stand for long periods of time; lifting of supplies & equipment required.
Work Responsibilities: Assists in preparation of meals for consumers. Prepares equipment, dishes or tables for the meals. Assists in cleanup of dining room – and cleans equipment and wet mops floor in dining room and kitchen. Prepares all dishes and utensils for cleaning. Dishwasher. Stores usable leftover food.
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner – Full Time
Under the direction and supervision of the Medical Director, is responsible for direct and indirect medical patient care in the Medical Outpatient Department.
1.Must be licensed in the State of Florida as an ARNP.
2. Prefer five years experience in a psychiatric setting.
3. Prefer experience working with children.
Essential Duties, Requirements & Activities
Performs thorough psychiatric evaluations that result in accurate diagnosis.
Demonstrates timely and accurate documentation. Ability to document to an electronic medical record
Utilizes effective, evidence based medication practices (EBMPS) that are consistent with diagnosis and presenting problem.
Demonstrates effective coordination to improve treatment outcomes and compliance.
Provides guidance as necessary to therapists, LPN’s, case managers, skills coaches, and other involved providers.
Performance is consistent with licensing standards.
Comply with all CBHC policies and procedures, especially confidentiality and CBHC code of conduct.
1.Delivers person and family-centered care.
2.Demonstrates understanding of developmental/age-specific issues in the treatment of patients.
3.Interacts effectively with patients, supervisors, coworkers and external agency employees.
4.Performs work in a safe and efficient manner. Complies with policies and procedures regarding workers’ compensation, risk management, and security.
Behavioral Health Technician
PRN On Call – availability all shifts, weekdays/weekends
Requirements: Certified nursing assistant, HS diploma or GED are preferred but not required. One year experience working with mentally impaired individuals or individuals who have been engaged in substance abuse preferred. Good verbal and written communication skills are required to perform verbal de-escalation and for accurately documenting client interactions and activities in the client’s medical record. Must be able to work independently, plan work activities and take actions according to policy and procedure. BHT must demonstrate good computer skills with knowledge of and ability to use computer programs and office equipment and software to document an electronic medical record. Must display appropriate work demeanor and boundaries, excellent customer service, and effective communication skills with both staff and clients. Employee must be able to manage stressful or difficult situations/people calmly and respectfully. Employee must understand, maintain, and follow strict agency confidentiality rules.
Work Responsibilities: BHT responds to their supervisor, the nurse on duty and the lead technician in order to continually monitor safety and interact appropriately with adult and minor consumers (one-on-one and in groups) in a 24/7 behavioral health care environment. Plan, execute and document activities for consumers in a residential Crisis Stabilization Unit. Must be able to interact appropriately with consumers, and assist in patient care management. Maintain accurate and complete documentation and assist with treatment plans. Participates in social, educational, and recreational group activities, and facilitates community meetings. Takes and records vital signs. Completes assigned cleaning tasks. Remains composed in crisis situations and maintains strict consumer confidentiality.
Licensed Practical Nurse – PRN (On-Call) positions for all shifts; weekdays and weekends; 3:00 p.m. – 11p.m.; 11:00p.m. – 7 a.m.; 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
FL LPN License; prefer minimum two years nursing experience, and prefer experience working in a behavioral health or substance abuse environment.
Knowledge of recovery is an asset.
Excellent clinical assessment and documentation skills required to ensure accurate progress notes and treatment plans.
Strict consumer confidentiality is required.
Requires strong computer skills in order to enter and retrieve information in an electronic medical record.
LPN must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to positively communicate with consumers, clinical team members, caregivers and community representatives.
Does physical examinations under the review of an RN.
Provides nursing care; discusses medical changes with the consumer; performs blood pressure checks; gives injections; provides medication and diagnosis-related information to consumers and answers questions as appropriate.
Takes calls from consumers and insures that consumers are provided with proper information, appointments, and/or prescription refills.
Reviews consumer’s medical charts and transcribes and/or prepares prescription documents for doctor’s or ARNP’s review and signature.
Maintains comprehensive and timely documentation.
LPNs provide work direction to Behavioral Health Technicians.