Ways to help our young ones feel a healthy measure of self-confidence. How can we help kids build self-esteem? Parents play such a powerful role in modeling a child’s self-view whether positive or negative.
If you could list 10 ways to help a young one feel better about themselves, what would you think of?
1. Show love in all words.
2. Focus on the positives and strengths.
3. Freely commend.
4. Don’t expect perfection or unreasonable demands.
5. Don’t expect from a young one what only an adult can do.
6. Recognize that immaturity behaves differently than maturity.
7. Help your child achieve reachable goals within their grasp.
8. Encourage and guide patiently.
9. Foster more happiness in giving than in receiving.
10. Mom and Dad modeling and mentoring their kids in the ways of compassion: by treating each other with dignity and respect…oh, and love too.