Sometimes adults with serious mental illnesses require more intensive support in order to successfully live in the community. Our Therapeutic Family Care (TFC) program (which operates in Charlotte and Lee counties) offers support to individuals who cannot live with relatives or have no relatives with which to live.
When adults with serious medical, psychological, emotional, and social needs need a loving, supportive family to care for them, our TFC caregivers welcome them into their home, where they are treated like a member of the family. There, the caregiver provides intensive in-home services that cater to the physical, emotional and social needs of these adults in a supportive family setting.
The program offers the following:
- Licensed, trained caregivers who take individuals into their home and welcome them as a member of the family
- Three nutritious meals daily
- Medication supervisionAdditionally, the program is staffed with a treatment team who provide wrap-around services in the home and at CBHC.
These services include:
- Psychiatric Evaluations and Medication Management
- Case Management Support and Monitoring
- Skills training to promote the maximum level of independence for the person
- Peer Support from a certified, caring person who has “been there”
- 24 hour on-call clinical support to the caregiver and home
Please contact our Screener at (941) 575-5104 for further information.